3.7 Mobility and Placement
- Doctoral candidates must select at least two European partner universities and stay
at least two semesters at each of them. These are called the selected
universities of the candidate. The first selected university must be
selected prior to enrollment; the second selected university must be selected
within the first semester. If successful, doctoral candidates will receive a
joint PhD degree from the selected universities.
- At the end of the application procedure, successful applicants will
be placed, that is, the following will be determined:
- the first selected university, and a suggestion for the second selected university,
- the first supervisor
from the first selected university, and a suggestion for a second supervisor from the
second selected university, and
- a research area.
- Doctoral candidates can only select a partner university if a professor or
qualified senior scientist of the partner university has agreed to supervise the candidate
and the partner university accepts the candidate as a doctoral candidate. The statements
of agreement and acceptance of the first selected university must be
obtained during the evaluation of the application within the selection
process prior to enrollment as doctoral candidate.
- Enrolled doctoral candidates will be entered into a doctoral
candidate list maintained by the coordinator. In addition, they will be
registered in the corresponding PhD programs at their selected universities.
- The decision about the second university and second supervisor must
be finalized within the first semester.
- Doctoral candidates must choose between the foundation track and
the application-oriented track, and, depending on this choice, select an
associated partner research institution or an associated industrial partner,
respectively, where they have to stay for at least 3 months. These
selections have to be made within the first semester.
- Doctoral candidates can only select an associated partner
institution, if a professor or qualified senior scientist of the partner
institution has agreed to advise the candidate.