All applicants apply to the coordinating university TUD using an electronic application system. They must submit their application together with the following documents:
- Certificate of second (MSc) degree incl. transcripts,
- Certificate of first (BSc) degree incl. transcripts,
- Master's thesis with a 3-5 page abstract in English,
- Curriculum vitae with list of publications,
- A list of at least three persons of reference,
- Statement of interest,
- TOEFL or equivalent English language test.